Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria.
🧳 Work Experience
Jan 2023 - Sep 2023, Frontend Engineer at HatchPath
- Developed and managed a video call feature with features like a countdown timer and video mirroring, helping keep the product’s core in-house and avoiding enormous external buy-cost.
- Developed a Calendly-like calendar feature that allows clients to schedule meetings with coaches based on their on-platform availability, as well as with external calendars like Google Calendar.
- Designed and developed reusable and responsive components for cards, forms, search, modals, etc., simplifying and reducing development time with well-tested abstractions and components.
Jan 2022 - Jul 2022, Lead Frontend Engineer at Ceviant Finance
- Created reusable user-interface components like Select, Button, Tag, Table, Calendar, Input, etc., using styled-components for the base styling and as an optional means to override or extend the base styling.
- Engineered dashboard layout with the necessary ingredients for consistency like empty, loading, and data UI for data fetching states. Also factored in contextual states like filters and search.
- Architected a new session-based authentication approach for the customer-facing application in terms of public, protected, and private paths.
- Worked on several authentication mechanisms like 2FA, automatic logging out of user (when idle), and browser fingerprinting.
- Created HTML emails with MJML.
- Helped interview, recruit, and manage frontend engineers.
Mar 2021 - Dec 2022, Developer Advocate at Edgio
- Rebuilt and managed the Layer0 (now a part of Edgio) documentation, with new content pages like learning resources, glossary, and how-to guides.
- Collaborated with Engineers to write, review, and update blog posts, guides, and documentation on performance, security, and scalability.
- Work with the Marketing team to oversee the creation of eBooks with external contributors from companies like Algolia, Cloudinary, and Vue Storefront, on topics like Core Web Vitals.
- Helped triage issues, announce product updates, and advocate for a faster web.
- Collaborated with popular open-source projects like Vue Storefront for documentation and guide updates.
- Work with partners to create open-source projects like NuxtShop and help grow it to over 138 GitHub stars.
Oct 2019 - Mar 2021, Frontend Engineer at Kobo360
- Collaborated with a team of software engineers on the rebuild of the Customer and Partner Dashboard to improve performance, maintainability, and stability.
- Implemented form components with Formik to manage approximately 50 unique forms, with Yup as an object-schema based validator.
- Developed simple and easy to use table components using HTML tables to manage approximately 40 unique tables for representing tabular data.
- Created a simple state-management solution with React Context API, eliminating the learning curve and overhead of previously used alternatives like Redux.
- Achieved a robust mechanism to synchronize tabular pagination and data filtering using the URL to persist state thus improving usability.
- Translated both the Customer and Partner Dashboards into four different languages resulting in idiomatic and inclusive dashboards.
- Styled the Customer and Partner Dashboards to account for bi-directionality in right-to-left languages using CSS Logical Properties where applicable.
- Created new HTML email templates with a new design that prioritized structure and data visibility.
Feb 2019 - Oct 2019, Frontend Engineer at WiseLead Company
- Designed and implemented the complete dashboard for Microsoft Excel Club, using tools like React, Styled-Components, Azure DevOps, Formik, and Microsoft Azure.
Jan 2018 - Dec 2018, Frontend Engineer at Algorism Limited
- Implemented various frontend designs and functionality with the core goal of consistency, usability, and simplicity.
- Designed a wireframe for the dashboard system by leveraging UI/UX wireframing principles.
- Designed and developed the Terms and Conditions page for the platform.
- Worked on the forgot password authentication flow.